By Peter E. Knox
- Features greater than 30 newly commissioned chapters by means of famous students writing of their parts of specialization
- Illuminates quite a few features of Ovid's paintings, akin to creation, style, and style
- Presents interpretive essays on key poems and collections of poems
- Includes precise discussions of Ovid's fundamental literary affects and his reception in English literature
- Provides a chronology of key literary and historic occasions in the course of Ovid's lifetime
Read Online or Download A Companion to Ovid (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Best literary medieval criticism books
Boldly difficult conventional understandings of Heian literature, Tomiko Yoda finds the connections among gender, nationalism, and cultural illustration glaring in triumphing interpretations of vintage Heian texts. popular for the wealth and class of women’s writing, the literature of the Heian interval (794–1192) has lengthy been thought of critical to the japanese literary canon and eastern nationwide identification.
Russian stories of Demonic ownership: Translations of Savva Grudtsyn and Solomonia is a translation from the Russian of 2 tales of demonic ownership, of innocence misplaced and regained. the unique models of either stories date again to the 17th century, however the feats of soreness and triumph defined in them are undying.
Richardson explores how a strong tradition of writing used to be created in overdue medieval London, even if in the beginning few population may perhaps really write themselves. while prior reviews have tended to target middle-class literary studying styles, this research examines writing talents individually either from analyzing talents and from literature.
What can we suggest after we speak about incapacity within the center a while? This quantity brings jointly dynamic students engaged on the topic in medieval literature and heritage, who use the newest methods from the sector to handle this crucial query. participants talk about such average medieval texts because the Arthurian Legend, The Canterbury stories and outdated Norse Sagas, offering an obtainable access element to the sphere of medieval incapacity reviews to medievalists.
- Latin Forms of Address: From Plautus to Apuleius
- The Argonautika
- The Returns of Odysseus: Colonization and Ethnicity
- D'aventures en Aventure: « Semblances » et « Senefiances » dans le Lancelot en prose (French Edition)
Extra info for A Companion to Ovid (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
A Companion to Ovid (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) by Peter E. Knox