By Susanna Braund,Josiah Osgood
- Provides specific and up to date information at the texts and contexts of Persius and Juvenal
- Offers colossal dialogue of the reception of either authors, reflecting essentially the most cutting edge paintings being performed in modern Classics
- Contains a radical exploration of Persius' and Juvenal's afterlives
Read Online or Download A Companion to Persius and Juvenal (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Best literary medieval criticism books
Boldly hard conventional understandings of Heian literature, Tomiko Yoda finds the connections among gender, nationalism, and cultural illustration glaring in winning interpretations of vintage Heian texts. well known for the wealth and class of women’s writing, the literature of the Heian interval (794–1192) has lengthy been thought of relevant to the japanese literary canon and eastern nationwide id.
Russian stories of Demonic ownership: Translations of Savva Grudtsyn and Solomonia is a translation from the Russian of 2 tales of demonic ownership, of innocence misplaced and regained. the unique types of either stories date again to the 17th century, however the feats of ache and triumph defined in them are undying.
Richardson explores how a robust tradition of writing was once created in overdue medieval London, even supposing firstly few population might really write themselves. while earlier reviews have tended to target middle-class literary studying styles, this learn examines writing abilities individually either from studying talents and from literature.
What can we suggest once we discuss incapacity within the center a while? This quantity brings jointly dynamic students engaged on the topic in medieval literature and background, who use the newest methods from the sphere to handle this significant query. individuals speak about such usual medieval texts because the Arthurian Legend, The Canterbury stories and outdated Norse Sagas, supplying an obtainable access aspect to the sphere of medieval incapacity reviews to medievalists.
- The Poetics of Old English
- Nibelungische Intertextualität: Generationenbeziehungen und genealogische Strukturen in der Heldenepik des Spätmittelalters (Trends in Medieval Philology) (German Edition)
- The Columbia Anthology of Yuan Drama (Translations from the Asian Classics)
- Homeric Receptions Across Generic and Cultural Contexts (Trends in Classics - Supplementary Volumes)
- A Companion to Petronius
Extra info for A Companion to Persius and Juvenal (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
A Companion to Persius and Juvenal (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) by Susanna Braund,Josiah Osgood